Things you can do [OPEN]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things you can do [OPEN]

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Jimmy couldn't help but chuckle at Ada's rather frank answer.

"That's pretty much me right now, too. I used to play guitar, but it's incredibly hard for me to learn new songs. I haven't been able to crack one yet. Muscle memory means I can play all the old stuff I already learned, but I'm finding it hard to learn that for something new. So I mostly practice, and keep the old material sharp. Other than that, yeah, just hit the gym, go for a run, watch Netflix, school work, repeat. I don't know the city too well yet, I just go when I need to or if I want a change of scenery. So you have an apartment in the city? That's pretty cool. It's probably better than these crappy dorm rooms."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:52 am

Ada thought about asking if his problem for learning new songs was because of his ailing, but refrained herself since she considered disrespectful. Still, finding someone who also played the guitar was kind of...cheering? She didn't know

"Oh, I play guitar too, I'm not the best, but I know a couple of things. My apartment is pretty normal, nothing exciting about it; that's why I bought a map of the city a while ago and started exploring it a little bit more. I'd say that I know half of the city by today"

Ada thought of a rather nice plan she could make once she made some free time. Also, she thought about telling him about it. After all, he was kind of like a friend to her already; if not, an acknoledgement.

"Maybe I need to find a hobby. I am going to the city in a couple of days to solve that problem. Want to come? I can show you at least where's the hospital for emergencies" she said with the neutral face she always has.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:48 am

"Oh, you play too? That's awesome, maybe we could jam some time, or something." Jimmy said, noncomittally. He'd still been struggling to play anything he constructed using the chords he knew. Lacking the visual element was more integral to playing guitar than he'd ever expected. Well, it was to him, at least. Either way, improvising things hadn't gone very well. He either needed to go back to basics with someone, or he needed to struggle on his own for even longer. Something told him that the latter wasn't really the way forward though, as he knew for a fact that he hadn't really progressed over those months. He'd really tightened up those riffs he used to always struggle with before his aneurysm, though. Practice really did make perfect.

"Y'know, that sounds pretty good to me. Don't worry about the hospital though, I have to drop by there every two weeks for an MRI and a general checkup. I'm pretty familiar with it already. Probably too familiar for my liking." He laughed.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Even though Jimmy maybe considered his usual visit to a hospital like something normal or a joke, Ada's own way of seeing things made her believe that she didn't want to ever get used to enter a hospital. Of course, occasionally she had to visit it because of a general checkup, and at those times she crossed her fingers to hear that there was nothing to worry about.

One thing was certain, and it is that she doesn't like jokes about disabilities or human problems. It's confusing. She decided to change the topic onto somthing less frustrating.

"Have you taken the picture already? I don't want to be looking for you throughout the school" she asked calmly.

Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 pm

"Oh yeah, the picture. Hold on..." Jimmy said, reaching for his phone and pulling up the camera.

"Right, here goes." Jimmy remarked as he quickly snapped a photo of Ada, feeling as though he needed to give her at least some sort of warning before he took the picture.

The picture was a little blurry due to his unsteadiness with the phone camera, and it wasn't exactly flattering, but it didn't make her look bad. It represented her likeness fairly well, he supposed.

"I think that'll do it. I guess we'll see how this one works out."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:34 am

When Jimmy took the picture, Ada had a face that could not be read. Pretty much her normal face, with a slight boredness in it. Internally, she hoped that was enough to make him remember her image at least. She thought about telling thim to do the same with every person he knew, but thought later that it was his decision.

She looked again at her watch, she had to leave if she wanted to get to class earlier, but it was just a habit and she could dismiss it and just get in time. Looking around, some of the people in the canteen were leaving. In the last moment, she decided that maybe it was the best thing to do.

"Alright, then. I think it's time for me to leave. Oh, and I'll meet you in some days on the gate so we can go to the city" Ada's intention was to leave it on a cliffhanger so that if Jimmy wanted to keep talking he can, and if he didn't then it would be his decision.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:16 am

Jimmy pondered for a brief moment as he heard Ada's goodbye, not sure whether he felt like going to class or not. He promptly settled on "not".

"Sounds like a plan, see you there, Ada." He said, smiling.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top