[PRIVATE] A Day in the City

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[PRIVATE] A Day in the City

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Jimmy stood by the school gates, waiting for Ada to show up for their excursion around Toronto. He checked the photo of her on his phone once again, making sure he knew what to look out for. Despite how distinctive his new friend looked, he didn't have much faith in himself to recognise her right away, and rightfully so.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PRIVATE] A Day in the City

Post by Pearce on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Ada walked from her apartment to the school gates double-checking she had everything she needed: money, smartphone and keys. Now that she was sure she had all of that, she looked up and saw Jimmy. She walked to him and called out.

"Hey, good to see you. Sorry for being a bit late. Do you know who I am or do I have to remind you?"

Thing is, she took her time to go back to her room and change to her casual clothes. A black tank top and gray sweater with military jeans and boots.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 am

Jimmy flashed a grin at Ada as she appeared. The context of her presence twinned with her rather unique look told him everything he needed to know. Not being able to conjure up her image didn't mean that he couldn't recognise the tall, muscular girl from reducing her features to descriptive points to look out for.
"Don't worry, I did my homework." Jimmy said, jokingly.

"I can usually go on context, and you're quite distinctive, gives me some good points to look out for. I could still easily get it wrong, but I think it's easier for me to place you than a lot of others." He elaborated. Hoping his remark about her distinctive look wasn't taken the wrong way.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:05 am

It seemed like Ada's idea worked, given Jimmy recognized her even after she changed her clothes, so she didn't care for the reason he remembered as long as he did. She made a half grin and a nod, before turning to the street and starting to walk.

"Come on, then"

She already knew what was she going to do, but she would ask him if he wanted to go somewhere first. In either case, thay had to walk for a while before choosing a destiny. Meanwhile, she tried to make some conversation.

"So how have you been? What have you been up to?"
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm

"I'm with you. Lead on, Ms. Pearce." Jimmy said, as he momentarily sped up to catch up with Ada.

"Me? Same old for the most part, meeting some awesome people, working out as hard as I can without doing myself some damage, struggling to get my damaged brain around how I can learn more on the guitar. Even improvising something has been proving hard, I've found. And I'm happy to report that I did somehow end up with an amazing girlfriend. That's probably the biggest development my new life has had so far. What about you?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Ada listened to him with her gaze on somewhere else but her head half turned to his direction to make him know that she was hearing. The news about his new girlfriend surprised her, so she turned to him.

"Oh, congrats. That was quite a shocker, I have to say"

Then she looked up as she tried to remember what she had been doing. She looked at Jimmy as she explained.

"I met some guy. And we'll form a music club, so I'm looking for a music store, as you can imagine"

It was the thing that made her school life a bit interesting now.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 am

Jimmy laughed at Ada's response to his news.
"Nobody expected it less than I did." He remarked.

Jimmy's eyebrows raised at Ada's new plan.
"Music club? That sounds great! Once I get my head around how to play guitar with all this..." He paused and knocked on his skull with his hand. "...I'll definitely get involved."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:24 am

Ada really appreciated the idea of Jimmy probably joning the music club, but she wouldn't push him because it would be kind of annoying. He probably has other things to do, anyways.

"That's good to hear. We'll be at the music room if you feel like joining"

Now they had to decide a destination, and Ada thought it was better to ask him if he had to go somewhere else. Her visit to the music store wasn't that urgent, after all.

"Any place in specific you want to visit? I can pay something for your new girlfriend if you want"

Ada wan't one for teasing, but she felt enoughly close to him to annoy him at least for this one time.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 pm

"I'll definitely join up. It's just a matter of time." He nodded.

Jimmy laughed at Ada's teasing. He liked seeing her engage in that, although he hadn't quite expected it.
"No, nothing in particular. Not this time. Just want to get a lay of the land, understand what's around the city, hang out with you a bit. Y'know, keep it simple." Jimmy answered with a smile.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:44 pm

[Haha sorry. I forgot to reply, and I just checked that it's actually me the one who is not answering. So sorry.]

Ada thought that it was better for her to wait until everything was completely set up. After all, it was only formed some days ago.

She paused when she realized she had no idea where to find a music store, so she asked Jimmy without expecting a positive answer.

"Uhm, so do you know where to find a music store?"
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:42 pm

[No worries, had a busy week myself so I probably wouldn't have been able to respond anyway.]

Jimmy shrugged at Ada's question.
"Not a bloody clue." He laughed.

"I thought the whole point of today was to get acquainted with the city, so I figured we'd just wing it. I could do with picking up a new pick and a spare set of strings myself, so I'll keep my eyes peeled." Jimmy elaborated.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 am

[Dammit! This time I forgot to reply big time. Excuse me]

Ada tapped her chin while trying to imagine of the map she bought some time ago, to no avail. She thought that the best way to find a music store was by looking for a mall. Music stores don't have a specific location in the city, as far as she knew.

"How about we look for a mall? Maybe we can find one there" she explained her plan.

Also maybe, just maybe, there would also be a gift shop. Ada was in a good mood, so she was planning to get a present for Jimmy's girlfriend. As a sign of her friendship.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Thu May 05, 2016 8:13 am

[No worries. I'm starting to lose track of the threads I'm in myself.]

Jimmy nodded.
"Yeah, a mall would be a good start. Besides, even if they didn't have one, they'd have someone who could point us in the right direction. And I mean, malls are generally just kinda cool anyway."

It took a lot of thought to try and determine whether he'd seen a mall in his few brief excursions to the city, and with his condition, he couldn't produce any conclusive visual proof.
"Can't seem to remember seeing any, but I'm not exactly a reliable witness. Shouldn't matter too much, I'm sure we'll get bombarded with signs once we get in the general vicinity of one."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Thu May 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Luckily, she remembered where she saw a mall, and it wasn't too far away. If they walked, it would take them about twenty minutes to get there. Ada looked around and determined the path to take. First, it was walking for two or three blocks straight.

"Okay, I know one around here. It's this way"

She slipped her hands in her sweater's pockets and started walking in a solid position with her back straight, trying to make some conversation.

"You know, robbers tend to assault people with a bad posture, because it shows insecurity, and that means they can't defend themselves"
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Mon May 16, 2016 10:35 am

Jimmy's navigation wasn't exactly great. He'd always had a good sense of direction, but his visual memory couldn't recognise places from pictures, so if he hadn't been there before or learned exactly what was in there, he had only his instincts to trust. So Pearce's confidence in her surroundings was much-needed.
"Ok. I'll have to trust your judgement on this one."

Jimmy found Ada's next statement a bit random, but he straightened his back up a little, just to be sure.
"Oh really? I mean that makes sense, but it never really occurred to me."

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Whenever she was walking through the street, occationally her wits came to her and made her look around. But whenever she was with someone, it made her forget about her little obsession; and she considered that to be dangerous. However there was nothing she could do about it.

Ada kept thinking about what to talk about. She really couldn't understand how some people could just talk about anything and make it interesting. For her, talking about random things made her straight out awkward.

"In the right, there is some wrong. In the wrong, there is some right. Just like in the dark there is some light and in the light there is some dark. Yin and Yang. Speaking of oriental things, I've been wanting to eat sushi for a while now..."

Or probably the way she changes the topic of her coversations is what makes her awkward.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 am

"Well, that's... deep. Well, apart from the bit about sushi."

Jimmy looks around the streets, taking care to try and get a handle on his surroundings, telling himself to remember the objects themselves as opposed to the way they looked.

"Well, let's go grab some to eat when we get around to that. I'm sure it can't be too hard to find a sushi place around here." Jimmy agreed.

He didn't mind the way Ada jumped between subjects like that. In fact, he found it kind of endearing, in a way. It kept him on his toes, and it was clearly just the way she was.

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearce on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 am

Sushi restaurants were pretty common in malls, at least the ones she knew. Even if she likes to do exercise, Ada doesn't care too much about what she eats, unlike other women. She thought about what to do first. Buying the guitar first would probably mean having to carry the case around but she knew how much money she could spend. While eating first would probably risk wasting too much and not having enough for the guitar.

In the end, she decided that she could handle the weight of the guitar. It's not like it was too heavy either. Ada almost walked past the mall, but she stopped at the right time just because her wits came to her and she looked back.

"Waaaaait! It's here" she said calling out to Jimmy and looking at the building. Pretty familiar.

Ada walked through the main entrance and looked around, trying to figure out where was the music store even if there was a map in a pillar right beside her she didn't notice.
Pearce
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:47 am

Jimmy followed Ada's sense of direction as it led them into what was clearly a mall of some kind, modern, bustling with people and air conditioning blowing a cool breeze that juxtaposed the warm air outside. It looked practically spotless. Jimmy took extra care in trying to log the location of the mall, looking around for landmarks to go by, and vaguely knowing the direction they had come in from the school gates should have been enough. Once he was confident he would be able to get somewhere in the general vicinity of the place, he started to help Ada in her search for the music store.

"I don't see any maps or anything. They must be somewhere though, right?"

Jimmy Cohen
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top