[Private] The Results of their Find

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] The Results of their Find

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:07 am

The two students had left the school a few minutes ago, sharing a small black umbrella. Shane was holding it with one hand above the pair, thankful for his height as usual, and glancing in search of the cafe that he'd talk about it. He knew it was around here somewhere at least, finding it hard to forget the place because of it's name, it was some pun and one that'd he had loved upon read. Slight nervousness appeared on his face as he rubbed the back of his head with his free hand, he did feel slightly bad that he was taking a little while in the cold with Mari.

"Sorry I haven't actually been here that long, so my uh mental map of the city isn't complete."

Granted Shane wasn't all that good at remembering directions from his old home but normally he could kinda auto pilot his way to his destination, though it took a bit longer. At least the area was familiar, so he was certain that they were on the right street at least. It'd probably be just a couple minutes til he spotted it's sign and so to fill up said time he decided to do what he usually did.

"Guess the weather's making my memory a little cloudy."

Grin, snicker, and tell stupid jokes.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] The Results of their Find

Post by weakthinking on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Mari walked along with Shane to the cafe he had talked about. She looked up at Shane and felt her face get warmer. She never noticed how different their sizes were until now. Mari looked down toward the puddle-filled sidewalk, trying to hide her embarrassment of being shorter than average. She then noticed that Shane had started to look a little nervous. Maybe he noticed their size difference too? But she soon realized that it was something different from that..

"O-oh! No, that's alright.. I'm not too good with d-directions myself.." Mari explained with a small laugh.

Mari had hoped that Shane was at least better with directions than she was, but that didn't seem to be the case. Mari did feel a little happy that she and Shane were in the same boat. She had always been bad with directions, but she never actually knew anyone else like her.

"Ha.. that's cute."

Mari smiled and folded her hands together, looking at all of the stores the two of them passed. She looked up at Shane again and tilted her head to the side.

"Uhh.. d-do you maybe remember the name of the cafe?"
weakthinking

View user profile http://sebast-nyaan.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Shane's own grin widened at seeing her nervous replaced with a laugh and smile, though he was curious why she was nervous in first place if it wasn't cause of his lack of directions. Maybe it was general nerves, well least she was happy for the moment. He turned to her at her comment and question.

"Thanks hehehe...oh right it was called the uh 'Tachibean' cafe, guess it was sponsored by the school or something."

He couldn't help letting out a small snicker when he said the name, it's how he'd name a cafe probably.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:54 am

"O-oh! Like Tachibana.. But "bean" for coffee, right?" Mari explained with a giggle; she tilted her head up toward Shane, silently asking if she was right. But she didn't really seem to care about his answer, though. This was because of the group of stores that had caught Mari's attention.

They were so bright and welcoming that she wondered what they were all about. What did they have? What was inside? What do you do once you go in? These questions took over Mari and forced her to ask Shane about it.

"U-um.. What's inside t-those stores?"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:53 am

Shane had been about to respond but settled for a nod as she suddenly lit up like the stores she asked about. He gave it a second to see if anything else caught before he thought his answer.

"Hmmm, I think we got a clothing store for jackets and the like...a convenience store, to grab any little thing like ingredients, candy, or food you want to get quickly...and a uh hm, I think it's a little knick knack store for all your interesting needs like dolls, old dresses, and odd trinkets."
The first two he'd been in before to grab his current jacket and usual lunch, the last store was one he'd glance at but hadn't had a chance to explore yet. He looked over with a small smile.

"You wanna check em out, we could wait a little bit on the cafe, it won't go anywhere."

He could wait on his drink, and actually wouldn't mind answering more stuff for her. She had a sort of an infectious energy or wonder to her, that was kinda addicting to him.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:10 am

Mari stared in amazement at Shane. How could so many things be held in such small-looking stores? How could someone remember all of that? Mari smiled as Shane explained the contents of each store. She wanted to experience everything this new city had to offer!

While Mari was living with her parents, she hardly ever left her room. And when she lived with her aunt for the week or so after her parents arrest, she didn't feel comfortable enough to even sit near her aunt; let alone go to the store with her. But that still didn't stop her from being curious.

"A-are you sure..?!" Mari's hands gripped the ends of her dress to keep her from jumping up and down.
"We don't have to!"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:20 am

Shane glanced away from her state with a blush, slightly embaressed by it before quickly shaking it off. He had to hold back a laugh and turned it to a smile, she was practically jumping up and down with puppy dog eyes, he couldn't say no to it, not like he wanted to. Plus his sis would've killed him if he did deny her that.

"Hey I got no problem, might do us some good to get a break from the cold too, now which do you wanna check out first?"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:32 am

Mari smiled widely at Shane's reply. The moment he replied, she jumped up and down in excitement. But she quickly regretted her decision to do so. It didn't seem like a bad thing to do, but she hadn't been that expressive in a long time. For some reason she felt it was an unladylike thing to do. A way of life prodded into her mind.

"Oh.. s-sorry."

Mari blushed in embarrassment and looked down toward the ground. She noticed just how wrong her jumping was. Her feet were stained with puddle water, along with her socks. Only now did she realize just how cold she was. Outdoors in just a dress and knee-high socks. Mari began to shiver from the chilling air. Though her face was still burning.

"L-let's go inside now, then.."
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:54 am

Shane couldn't hold it in any longer as laughter bubbled up from him as if her jumping was the greatest joke, and it took a moment before he was waving his hand in an attempt to calm down. He realized it may have seemed jerkish but she was so funny to him sometimes. After he caught his breath, he smiled with a face that almost matched his hair's color.

"Please...do not apologize for something like that...it's fantastic seeing people that happy."

He couldn't fathom why she apologized for something like that, she seemed to be enjoying herself and he was enjoying her company. He then noticed her shiver, when she spoke again, along the wet splotches now on his jeans and her socks... And she's wearing a bloody dress in this weather, how was she not an ice cube yet, he'd be one without his own jacket.

"Well guess I shouldn't encourage jumping with joy unless you're dressed for it, let's go get ya a hopefully fabulous and warmer outfit alright?"

He went over and pulled open the clothing store's door, letting out a slightly warmer than outside breeze.

"Ladies first."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Mari was going to tell Shane that she didn't have any money, so there was no need to find a new outfit. But her goal at this moment was to get warmer. So she held herself as she and Shane walked into the store, shivering like before.

As the two entered the store, Mari looked around curiously. Her head wasn't in the same position for more than a second. She forgot how cold she had been just moments before.

"S-shane, let's see everything!"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm

He shook drops off the umbrella before collapsing it and letting it sit in his right hand.

"Alrighty, lead the way"

Shane was glad to see her at least not appear cold anymore, and once more the wonder she had infected him and had him ready to explore the whole store with her. At least he could find a new hat or some gloves.

"Just tell me if ya see anything cool...well maybe warm would be preferred."

Shane chuckled at his lil joke but did mean it, he didn't want her freezing and if he could've handle it he'd let her wear his jacket, so he'd be willing to buy something.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Mari nodded, searching to see where she should go first. There were so many colorful outfits, shoes, and jewelry to see.

Mari let out a small giggle toward Shane's bad pun. It seemed that this tiny portion of today had been filled with more laughter than most of her life. She smiled warmly at the thought of being able to have this much fun all the time.

Mari then tugged on the corner of Shane's shirt, telling which way she wanted to go. She quickly let go of Shane's shirt and ran toward some interesting looking shirts. She held one out and looked at it for a second before shoving it back into the rack.

"What kinds of things would be warm?"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Shane grinned at the laughter and tug while he was pulled along through the store. He looked at a few jackets, but shook his head at them, he'd stick with his old but comfortable one. He looked around when she asked the question and picked up a few jackets and thermals.

"I'm normally go for thick jackets like these, they don't look the nicest but the keep cold out while the fluff keeps warm in, course I guess if you want like a nice or light jacket you can wear the thermal to make up for a lack of fluff "

A comedian, Shane was, a fashionista he was not. He went purely for comfort and did not care at all about what matched, the only fashion things he was able to recite were from memories of his sister dragging him to stores and picking outfits.

"You may wanna look at some thick socks or scarfs as well, I remember hearing that like the neck and feet are where your body's thermometers are, so it's important to keep them both warm."

He placed down the clothes and bit his lip in thought, he thought a scarf would work for her. The very least she'd could probably pull off the bundled up look like he did.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:33 am

Mari watched closely as Shane explained everything to her. She still wasn't too sure what she wanted exactly, but Shane gave her a good idea of what she should look for. Mari turned around, practically running toward the other side of the store. She picked up a black coat with buttons on it. It wasn't exactly what she liked to where, but it looked warmer than her current outfit.

Mari looked around, not seeing a skirt or dress in sight. Ever since she was little, she wore dresses. For being so used to seeing women wear 'proper' outfits, she felt a little weird looking at all of the girls in pants. It didn't look bad to her, but the thought was a bit awkward. Mari tugged at Shane's shirt again. She felt embarrassed talking to Shane about this particular topic, but there was no other way to solve her problem. Mari spoke quieter than before.

"Uh.. there a-aren't any skirts. I don't know h-how to wear pants."
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:49 am

Shane nodded his head as she grabbed the coat, thinking it least look good to him. He saw she at least had a lot of energy and calmly smiled as he was tugged once more. The subject of her question was not he expected nor prepared for.

"...um what?"

That was his initial response before he took a quick breath to calm his now blushing cheeks. This was one heck of a problem but he knew he should help her.

"uh alright er...you put one leg in after the other uh er...let's just go to a changing room alright and I uh can lead you through it...verbally I'll be outside the room."

He gently took her sleeve and pulled her to a dressing room, face now practically burning, he didn't think this is how this would go. It was interesting to say the least.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:30 am

"Ah, no! I-i didn't m-mean it like that! You don't have to c-come with me!" Mari said her response so fast, she didn't have time to breathe. "I-i can do it!"

Mari honestly didn't mean for this situation to occur. She only wanted Shane to explain how it worked! Her face turned red from the embarrassing situation. She remembered how many times this had happened in one day. Meeting new people sure was hard.. She kept putting herself in awkward situations and she misunderstood a lot of what was said to her.

Mari silently let herself be pulled along to what looked like a place to try on the clothes. She blinked and looked around awkwardly before she stepped toward it, holding the jacket and bluish pants in her arms. She had heard some people calling them 'jeans'.

"R-really, you should go l-look at other stuff! I'll figure i-it out." Mari tried to protest again, as to not make the situation even more awkward.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:36 am

Shane let out a breath and attempted a relieved chuckle for the both of them.

"Alright it's uh...least it's uh not hard I mean just remember to zip up or button depending on the pair and uh... yeah I'll uh just go check out some stuff just uh call if ya need help or something"

He quickly said while walking away with what he was hoping a less than burning red face. He was honestly hoping this would at least make for a good joke later, and they could laugh bout it instead of becoming a pair of tomatoes. After that thought he let out a true laugh and began searching for other things either of them may like. Currently he was in the hats and could not stop himself when he saw a lone black hat. In an instant he was wearing a top hat that looked absolutely ridiculous and he loved it, maybe it'd make her laugh.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 am

Mari smiled and felt a little better. Even if Shane's laugh did seem to sound uncomfortable, It still calmed her down. Because she knew she wasn't the only one feeling embarrassed.

Mari nodded to Shane and stepped inside the dressing room. She didn't like the idea of stripping down to her underwear in a public place. She even felt awkward looking at herself in the large mirror. She held out the 'jeans', trying to remember which side was the front. After a moment or so, she figured it out and tried on the entire outfit. The 'jeans' felt very constricting compared to open skirts and dresses.

Mari was surprised as to how much she changed from one outfit. She looked like she belonged in the city of Toronto. But her soaked socks and shoes convinced her otherwise.

The situation became more dire than she expected. Mari didn't know if she was supposed to wear the clothes back out or change into her old clothes. She decided that even if they didn't want her to wear the clothes too long, she still wanted to ask Shane if it looked warm enough. Mari had seen girls showing off their outfits to their friends when she walked in, so she thought it would be fine.

Mari stepped out of the dressing room and searched for Shane. He didn't seem to be too far away, so she waved to catch his attention. Once she realized he had a weird hat on, she laughed.

"You should buy that. It's funny."
Mari commented. "Oh! Does this look.. warm enough?"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:06 am

Shane had moved onto the socks section and had grabbed a few pairs before noticing her wave and heading over. He chuckled at the comment and did a small bow.

"I believe it to make me a gentlemen, so I shall definitely grab it at your recommendation."

At her question though he looked her up and down and the blush returned once more, though lighter this time at least. She looked warmer than her other outfit at least, and it was fairly cute in his opinion.

"It looks pretty good, maybe add a scarf if you don't feel warm enough...oh uh and here."

He handed her the two pairs he'd gotten, one was plain but thick white socks the other were colorful, to say the least, and had cheshire cats scattered over them. He thought it'd fit her pretty well and she at least like fairy tales.

"We could also look at some shoes if ya want, I don't know that much but uh maybe some boots or sneakers?"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:47 am

Mari giggled as Shane bowed, looking around to make sure no one saw at the same time. Just because she thought it was funny didn't mean she shouldn't be at least a little embarrassed.

She then noticed Shane looking at her a little weirdly. But Mari din't pay too much attention to it, and instead nodded toward his comment about getting a scarf. But what color to get was the real question.

Suddenly, Shane handed her a few pairs of socks. One was a white pair and the other..

"Oh, C-cheshire! He was my favorite from Alice in Wonderland! Thank you, Shane." Mari smiled as she spoke. She had always loved cats since she was a kid. And in a book with such interesting characters, of course the confusing cat was her favorite. She looked down at her rain soaked feet and smiled.

"Oh, but! I-i don't have any of my m-money with me!"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:02 am

Shane rubbed the back of his head with an embarrassed but happy smile on his face. He was glad that his hunch about the socks were right, plus he did get a slight Alice vibe from her.

"Glad you like em, should be warm and quite fitting"

It was her latter comment that had him shove a hand into his pocket and let out a sigh of relief, he didn't forget his wallet this time while going out. Money was one of very few issues that Shane lacked, cause of his family and simultaneously one of the few things they had given him that he was thankful for.

"Hey I've really got no trouble paying for the outfit long as ya like it...plus I really can't have you freezing out on a beautiful rainy day like today."

He was hoping she wouldn't mind him covering it too much, it was no trouble and she seemed to like what they had picked.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:07 am

Mari nodded with another happy smile. Anything would be better than the damp socks she was wearing now, but something she personally liked made her enjoyment greater.

She watched as Shane searched his pocket, soon finding his wallet. She suddenly started to feel extremely upset with herself. How could she let someone buy all of these expensive things for her? Well, she didn't know how much they were, but still!

"I suppose. But, please.. uh.. I'll return the m-money when we get back!"

Mari honestly didn't want to make someone she had just met to spend that much money on her. Shane didn't seem to mind at all, but she still felt bad.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:29 am

"Alright alright, but you really don't have to worry about it, I'd probably just buy comics or something with this anyways, so it's probably better spent here"

Shane said with a smile and wave of his hand, he'd figured Mari would want to pay him back but it was worth a shot telling her she didn't have to. He shook his head with a chuckle at his thoughts, actually offering someone to not pay him back, before looking around the store.

"Well now we should get you some shoes, complete the outfit and hopefully stop you from freezing while we continue our search for a cafe."

Shane grinned while heading over to the shoes section with her.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:38 am

"Fine.." Mari replied with a smile and a sigh. She thought this would happen. "I'll just.. pay you b-back with a surprise present of some sort!" She pointed her finger at Shane with a pretend look of sternness.

Mari nodded and followed. She wasn't too sure about getting shoes. After all, she didn't know her own shoe size. But she could try them on just like the clothes, she assumed.

Only a few seconds passed before Mari spotted a pair of black combat boots. She hurried over, grabbing them as quickly as possible. She simply couldn't risk getting them taken away from her very eyes!

"Oooh! I-i like these!" Mari spoke with joy and held out the boots to Shane, waiting for his opinion.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:56 am

"Woe is me....I guess I shall have to deal with receiving such a gift"

Shane said a bit over dramatically with a hand over his forehead before breaking out in snickers and a smile.

"But in all honesty sounds great, I can't wait."

He wasn't in much of a better boat than her when it came to shoe shopping, and so was slightly thankful when she held out the boots to him, before smiling and nodding.

"Those look great...hm give me a sec."

He had an idea and took the socks from her before going up to the front of the store. He came back a few minutes later, opening the socks pack and handing her a pair

"Slip those on and give them a try to see if they fit alright?"

He wanted to buy her the socks first so she at least wasn't still in soaking socks while trying on the boots.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top